As a part of the team delivering DNB’s centralised platform for Analytics and Machine Learning you will be key in building the capabilities required for the Bank to generate value from Advanced Analytics. You will become part of a highly skilled, pragmatic, and autonomous team, which delivers technical solutions for, and cooperates with and supports hundreds of Data Scientists from all over the bank. A wide range of use cases currently apply the platform, from everything to Corporate and Personal Banking, to Wealth Management, Markets, Risk, and more - and we are rapidly growing.
Our goal is to deliver a self-service platform which makes it a breeze to quickly generate value from Data Science and Advanced Analytics use cases. We think the Data Science process, from experimentation to putting models in production should be simple, flexible, scalable and robust, something which dictates the solutions and technology we implement. In the end, using our platform the Data Scientists should do what they do best: deliver value from data by analytics by building self-service products. Our job: enabling them to do so through building the platform.
The Analytics Platform consists of multiple different parts supporting the Data Science workflow, both custom built and off-the-shelf. We provide a workbench through VS Code Server and RStudio Server, Machine Learning pipelines through a self-built framework based on containers, APIs for serving inference and machine learning models, a Neo4j graph database, an application for hosting web applications, and more. All of this built using cloud native technologies. As-is we are hard at work maturing the platform in terms of Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), both in terms of technology and processes, which among other things includes operationalizing MLflow for all our users and use cases. There are also capabilities like Spark, in-memory data stores, feature stores and much more on the roadmap.
Modern principles and tools are at the core of the Analytics Platform. It is fully built on Amazon Web Services (AWS), using technologies as Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), serverless components, container technology and more. You will enter an environment where we use DevOps and CI/CD in GitLab to deliver our platform with high speed and agility. As an engineer in our team, you will get deep experience with AWS in everything from network related challenges to security, compute, storage, access control and more. You will also be a part of and get responsibility for designing and architecting the solutions we are building.
The Analytics Platform is a part of DNB’s Data & Analytics Platforms family. This means that we are tightly connected to the Bank’s data centric technologies like the Data Lake, the Data Virtualization tool, the Data Warehouse and more. Bridging the Analytics Platform together with these components is central to make a seamless and optimal user experience.
• The opportunity to work with and shape the Analytics Platform in Norway’s largest bank
• Deep hands-on with cutting-edge technology and cloud
• A modern, agile development environment using CI/CD, DevOps, Slack and more
• A pragmatic team with high focus on sharing, caring and delivering top-notch solutions
• A value-based working environment with high focus on work-life balance, inclusion and building culture
• Tight cooperation with the Platform Lead who is responsible for the people delivering the platform, and for the platform’s vision, roadmap and prioritization
• Top-notch equipment for maximum productivity
• The ability to attend conferences and courses, and take certifications
• Excellent employee benefits like pension, insurance, personal banking and more
We are looking for new colleagues with some of the following
• The ability to learn quickly, solve problems, and be continuously challenged
• Being able to both dive into the technology and code, but also to engage with our platform users to support, assist and guide
• Having a value driven mindset - whatever we do should in the end give value for our users and for the Bank
• Coding experience (preferably Python or similar)
• Experience with Cloud technology and services (preferably AWS)
We think these things may help you in the role
• Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services
• A good understanding of the Advanced Analytics landscape and processes
• Familiarity with MLOps and implementation of connected technologies and processes
• Experience with container technologies and container orchestration tools
• Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) like Cloudformation, Terraform or similar
• Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps, and connected technologies like Gitlab, Bitbucket, GitHub, Jenkins, Travis CI or similar
• Experience with other programming languages and technologies like R, SQL, Spark, databases of various types, shell scripting and more
• Working agile using Jira or similar, and using tools like Confluence or similar for documenting
• Speaking and writing English well (work language)
Don’t have all the skills above? Apply anyway! If you are motivated, interested in learning and obtaining new skills, a great problem solver, and want to work in a team with great people, you are our dream candidate!
Work location: Oslo
If you think you are a match for us, we would love to hear from you so please contact us for a digital coffee. For more information about the position, please contact: Department Manager / Joakim Bø / firstname.lastname@example.org / +47 91524326
Humans are the DNA of DNB. Since 1822, wise minds have worked together to find the best solutions for our customers. Today, DNB is much more than Norway's largest bank, and a key business in the Norwegian economy.
We are also a leading technology company, which in ever new ways adapts us and our services to the time we live in and to the future. With us, you will find a wide range of career opportunities for a wide range of employees, in Norway and internationally. We are at the top of the world among equal companies and take good care of the diversity of people who choose to work here.