Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, serving more than 30,000 customers.
Information Systems in Hydro consist of 70 employees supporting global initiatives and all business areas, in an exciting period of technological transformation. Our IT landscape is changing rapidly with the use of cloud technologies and an extended scope driven by digitalization initiatives. Platforms such as Office 365, Azure, SAP S/4Hana and software-defined networking are in full development, along with other programs in the fields of analytics and Industry 4.0.
This triggers a continuously growing demand for system integration, and we are now looking to hire a System Integration Consultant to join us on this exciting journey ahead!
Area of Responsibility
You will join a global company who is at the forefront of middleware technologies, as part of a small team of experts who handle integration tasks and who are exposed to extensive parts of Hydro, external partners, and service providers. This is a hands-on role for a developer who enjoys connecting business needs with integration services and innovative technologies.
Some of your tasks:
- Design and develop future iPaaS/HIP solution and service offerings
- Ensure design consistency with development standards and guidelines
- Collaborate with the team to define, design, and deliver new services
- Seek feedback from technical and business users for development needs
- Participate in projects involving integration services
- Prepare technical documentation on application specifications
- Stay up to date on technology development and trends
- University degree in Information Technology, preferably at Master’s level
- Recent graduate with interest in – or professional with up to 5 years’ experience in – methods, technologies and tools used within the integration services area
- Relevant tools and technologies are Azure Stack Programming, Serverless architecture, Microservices; DevOps; .NET Core, C#, Python; REST/JSON (SOAP/XML); Azure API Apps; Git/GitHub; Database SQL/NoSQL
- Fluency in English, verbal and written, is required. Additional skills in German, Norwegian, and Portuguese is an asset
As a person, you are passionate about technology and enjoy engaging with people. You are proactive and have a structured and systematic approach towards your deliveries. Others perceive you as a great team player, and you thrive in a dynamic and changing work environment.
Information Systems has been a front-runner in Hydro in promoting diversity in our recruitment process. You will be a part of a dynamic, international team with good balance in age, gender, geography, and cultural background.
Some business travel should be expected.
Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.). Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via email.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
Please note that we aim at conducting first round interviews January 9-10, 2019.