Local Unit & Position Description
We are seeking an experienced Senior Front-end Developer for Veracity.
Veracity’s mission is to develop, operate and attract customers to an open digital platform and ecosystem. Our main customers are asset owners and service providers within the Maritime, Oil and Gas and Energy industries worldwide.
The unit’s product is Veracity, designed to help companies unlock, qualify, combine and prepare data for analytics and benchmarking. Veracity will give customers access to industrial applications and data analytics services that can help them make better use of their data. Take a look at this 2 minute introduction video : https://www.veracity.com/article/build-the-future-of-your-company-in-an-adaptive-eco-system
Veracity today has 1 million service subscriptions from more than 150.000 users in over 14.000 companies. More than 160 apps are today available in this ecosystem, and its growing rapidly !
To succeed, we have to provide a user friendly interface to advanced technical solutions and integrations. Front-end developers therefore play an important role in design and development of our platform concepts ;
- Marketplace for selling applications and services
- Services/applications dashboard
- Views to available assets and data
- Developer community
- Mobile solutions
- Design and build software on the roadmap for Veracity in collaboration with Product managers, UX, visual designers and architects
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Measures to ensure security and data protection
- Executing and contributing to improving existing DevSecOps processes, including test automation, CI/CD
- Follow and contribute to improving established agile framework, development guidelines etc.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of experience in software front-end development
- Solid experience with HTML 5 and CSS (LESS/SASS)
- Experience with single page application frameworks such as React / Redux
- Good understanding of security, SSL
- Good understanding of accessibility standards (WCAG) and universal design
- Experience with agile methodologies and tools
Additional qualifications are a plus:
Experience with responsive design
Experience with eCommerce or Content Management Systems
Experience with instrumenting for analytics, A/B testing, etc.
Experience with cross browser testing
Experience with software architecture and design patterns
Experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS
Experience with performance optimization
Experience with developing native mobile applications
You want to make an impact and are ready to go the extra mile to make it happen
- You are a team player, agile, self-driven and thrive for opportunities to put your skills and personality to use creating customer value
- You are a believer in the power of technology and understand how it transforms our industries and customer’s business models
- You are structured, flexible and result oriented
- You can follow established procedures and guidelines
- You have good communication skills, verbally and written, and are a quick learner
- You understand the importance of collaboration and utilizing personal networks
- You are sociable, create a good atmosphere and recognize that feedback is the fuel of high performing teams
Strong company culture with emphasis on competence development
Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Pension program
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- International working environment
We can offer a wide variety of benefits like sport club with access to sailboats, kayaks etc. and techy interest groups like “IoT makers space” to widen your personal and professional horizon and stay fit in the process ! We have company cabins, and many social events and happenings.
Work location is beautifully along the Oslofjord, at the DNV GL company HQ at Høvik with easy connection via train to Sandvika or Skøyen, and free shuttle buses to the Veritas Centre from both Sandvika and Skøyen.
For more information contact:
email@example.com, phone +47 99161024
Company & Business Area Description
To facilitate frictionless connections between different industry players, domain experts and data scientists, DNV GL has built Veracity—an open and secure platform facilitating exchange of services, datasets, APIs, applications and insights. Veracity is a unit in DNV GL reporting to CEO of DNV GL Digital Solutions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!