Imagine a world without electricity. Modern life would be impossible. We have come to a point where we are dependent on it. Just as the NX Core Banking system. As electricity is the energy infrastructure, we provide the banking infrastructure of the Norwegian society. NX Core delivers the core system and critical banking products to many banks in Norway. Personal accounts, interest rates and millions of financial transactions every day, is in our hands. It’s a challenging journey, but together we will empower the banking industry in the Nordics and beyond.
Join us and be part of the journey.
The Next Generation Core Banking
We are launching the next generation Core Banking as part of our Banking as a Service (BAAS) offering. Our solution is based on modern technology, microservice architecture principles as defined by the Banking Industry Architecture Network (BIAN). Core banking includes solutions for deposits, credit, ledger and reporting. We take pride in ensuring our services are running 24/7. In NX Core we are about 100 people, organized in 8 cross-functional squads. Together, we aim to become a high performing DevOps unit according to the DORA Capability framework. We are now looking for Lead Software Developers that will take a leading role in identifying and implementing the organizational and technical changes necessary for continuously improving in this direction.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate Lead Software Developers to become part of a talented cross functional team with both experienced and young colleagues. Our culture is diversified, international, open, collaborative and we love people that are eager to learn and eager to share. You embrace agile ways of working, pair programming and ensuring your code is always deployable. Knowledge of Agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban, is considered a benefit for this position. Experience working in agile environment will enable you to excel in this role and contribute to success of our projects.
Lead Software Developer responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code in Java and/or Kotlin
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience.
- Proven working experience with Java or Kotlin.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Proficient in both Norwegian and English, demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication abilities on both languages
Technology is fast evolving, so we endorse our teams to learn and try out new things. Currently our teams use the following tech stack:
- Java / Kotlin
- Spring Boot
- Oracle DB
- REST API
- GitHub actions in CI/CD pipeline
- OpenTelemetry for observability and tracing
What we offer
- Good opportunities for career progression.
- Engaged, open and curios teams and colleagues.
- Work remote, hybrid or at our Fornebu office (delicious food and beautiful scenery).
- Flexible working hours.
- Learning environment with inspirational talks and learning communities.
- Social communities endorsed by us includes golf, football, beer and wine clubs, arts, gaming and even fly fishing.
- Good insurance and pension schemes.
Does it sound interesting?
We welcome your application in the format of a personal letter and CV. Please go to “Send application”. We process applications on an on-going basis and would like you to send your application as soon as possible, For more information about the position, please contact Rune Gaarde, Engineering Lead, +47 46 93 20 69 (Mobile)
We look forward to your application!