We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Click here to explore our world and the heart of our operations.
Hydro Aluminium Metal a leading supplier of extrusion ingots, sheet ingots, foundry alloys, wire rods and high-purity aluminum with a global production network of around 5,000 employees. With primary metal production facilities in Europe, Canada, Australia, Brazil and Qatar, and recycling facilities throughout Europe and in the U.S., two-thirds of our primary aluminum production is based on renewable energy. Since 1905, Hydro has turned natural resources into valuable products for people and businesses with focus on a safe and good workplace for our 30,000 employees in more than 140 locations.
The Technology and Operational Support (TOS) unit is part of Hydro’s Aluminium Metal business area and has around 180 employees in Norway and Germany. The main task of TOS is to support commercial and operational units in improving Aluminium Metal’s profitability and sustainability in the short and medium term - while also having longer term technology development as a core activity.
Digital Production Support department in TOS is driving the digital development together with the Operational Support departments. We focus on cross functional Product Teams, DevOps and agile methodology to deliver value from digital transformation in the production area. Together with our long proven APICS and HAL3000/4000 solutions we are now focusing on developing and deploying digital tools within maintenance as well as analytical platforms in cloud and IIoT solutions in the plants worldwide.
Do you like IT, responsibility and the opportunity to sustain the globe? If yes, Hydro is the right place for you. We are expanding our product team for our MES system (APICS) and are looking for candidates to strengthen our product teams and take the role as lead developers.
Work location is in Årdal. Hydro Årdal offers fantastic surroundings, active environment in sports and outdoor life, music and voluntary organizations, location midway between Bergen, Trondheim and Oslo and an innovative technology environment. Read more about Årdal at https://dittardal.no/. The position may require some business travel.
We offer an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the business of a global corporation while applying your expertise in software development. This is a visible role with many interfaces, where you will apply your specialist competence as a system engineer to business areas and group functions. For the right candidate, the position offers an attractive platform for professional and personal development. At Hydro you will have the opportunity to travel and stay at our facilities in Europe, Asia and America in connection with work related assignments.
- Hydro offers a balanced work-life, an inclusive environment valuing diversity, and competitive rewards including salary, pension, bonuses, and stock savings.
- Being part of a professionally strong team in a good working environment with an exciting and challenging agenda going forward.
- Work closely with our customers and other departments in Technology & Operational Support as well as external technology suppliers.
- As part of our team, you will be a key contributor for our in-house developed MES system development, which is in high demand by our customers globally.
- Spectacular nature.
We are looking for candidates with a strong foundation and professional backgrounds and experience in software development. You must have a creative mindset with ability to innovate and deliver efficient and user-friendly solutions.
- University degree (bachelor’s or master’s degree), from e.g. automation, IT, cybernetics, computer science, software engineering or similar. Relevant experience can compensate for formal education.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Java-focused developer with experience in Spring Boot. While not all are required, familiarity with one or more of the following technologies - Cassandra, Azure, Docker, and Kubernetes - is highly desirable. Additional knowledge in Angular, Python, C++, and Agile practices would be a bonus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a full-stack or back-end developer.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. Professional working proficiency in Norwegian, German or Portuguese is an asset, but not a prerequisite.
The Digital Production Support department is currently located in Årdal and Oslo. Please include a personalized cover letter along with copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates, and more. Applications submitted through our online system will be reviewed, while email submissions will not be considered.
Application deadline: 25.02.24
If you have questions, please reach out to:
Hiring manager: Geir SandnesPhone: +47 995 25 145
Recruiter: Magnus Hallerud ChristensenPhone: +47 478 49 693
Hydro is heading in a new and exciting direction, and we depend on different perspectives to solve our tasks and meet customer needs. Building on our three core values – Care, Courage and Collaboration – we target a high performing and sustainable work environment based on inclusion of our differences.