About the job
It’s an exciting time to join Nordic Semiconductor as we continue our rapid growth while perusing high ambitions with dedicated colleagues worldwide. For our Cellular Applications Team based in Trondheim, Norway we are looking for a curious engineer with experience in building cloud applications. This team functions as an internal customer and is responsible for creating the first cellular IoT applications that run on and with our own hardware.
- Develop the best solution for a cloud backend that a typical customer product can connect to (for example a parcel tracker, an energy meter, or a smart home gateway).
- Establish new paradigms for device-to-cloud communication: our flagship long-range chip, the nRF9160, is a versatile multi-core system-in-package that has smartphone like cryptographic capabilities but is built for smart products that can run for years on a small battery.
- Work together with our firmware engineers to building up the internal knowledge about the respective cloud vendors’ idiomatic way to provide connectivity for IoT devices and contribute it to the open-source nRF Connect SDK for our embedded devices.
- Contribute your knowledge to the open-source Asset Tracker Cloud Example, which enables our customers to set up a real world IoT solution using the respective cloud provider and adapt the example firmware and software quickly for their specific use case.
- Build small prototypes or demos (for example a LWM2M Gateway for AWS IoT), which explore how to optimize cloud services for ultra-low power IoT devices.
Qualifications and skills
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 5 years relevant working experience
- Demonstratable proficiency in building solutions on Amazon Web Services, especially public-facing serverless microservices solutions
- Strong experience with TypeScript and Node.js, CI/CD, BDD/TDD, Linux, Git, GitHub
- The ability to navigate in a global matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
We are looking for someone who loves to make technology more accessible, with a strong customer-focused mindset. We are presented with many interesting problems to work on, and it is therefore essential that you can work in an environment where challenges pop up continuously and you daily have the opportunity to shift your focus. Keeping the overview in a complex work environment should be natural to you. You should be open-minded about technological choices in your work; our devices are surprisingly powerful and constrained at the same time. Finally, we expect you to be humble: you need to listen closely to what our customers need: our technology needs to fit into existing ecosystems, where we do not make the rules.
Working for Nordic
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged, inspired and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional and informal working environment. We value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the highest levels. We are proud of our Norwegian heritage, our highly skilled international workforce, world-leading innovation and professional excellence. We offer a variety of tasks and projects and the possibility to work alongside some of the world’s leading experts within their field. We encourage our employees to challenge the established and dare to innovate, while expecting high performance, dedication and the will to learn.
- Competitive salary with short- and long-term incentive plan
- Flexible working hours
- Medical insurance
- Family friendly policies, insurances, and benefits
- Location: The preferred location is Trondheim or Oslo, Norway, where most of the team is located. However, the role can also be located in one of our offices in Finland (Espoo, Oulu, Tampere, or Turku), Poland (Kraków), Sweden (Stockholm or Lund), or UK (Swindon).
- For international moves to Norway, relocation assistance and support is offered.
For more information, please contact Senior R&D Engineer Markus Tacker,
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Nordic Semiconductor is a Norwegian fabless semiconductor company specializing in wireless communication technology that powers the Internet of Things (IoT). Nordic was established in 1983 and has more than 1000 employees across the globe. Our award-winning Bluetooth Low Energy solutions pioneered ultra-low power wireless, making us the global market leader. Our technology range was later supplemented by ANT+, Thread and Zigbee, and in 2018 we launched our low power, compact LTE-M/NB-IoT cellular IoT solutions to extend the penetration of the IoT. The Nordic portfolio was further complemented by Wi-Fi technology in 2021.