Elkjøp Nordic AS is an omnichannel consumer electronics retailer operating in all the Nordic countries. We are 10.000 engaged employees distributed on more than 400 different locations in our markets. At our Nordic head-office we are approximately 370 people in different specialized functions who work continuously to support our colleagues in the different countries.
Elkjøp Nordic offers a responsible and independent position within an international network. We offer the opportunity to grow in a fast-paced company with solid values and a great work-climate. Our industry is changing rapidly, and we are positioned at the forefront with a continued focus on people as the cornerstone of our strategy. With big dreams, dedication and hard work, you can reach far - because we love to offer opportunities to those who deserve it.
Working for Elkjøp Nordic is fun and challenging. Our team spirit is high, and we take pride and have great faith in what we do. Our culture is important to us, and it is important that you can identify with our main values; Responsibility, Engagement and Efficiency.
With us, you will get training tailored to your role and we offer a competitive salary including a bonus agreement and exiting career opportunities.
The office is based in new, state-of-the-art premises in Nydalen, Oslo. We have an excellent canteen, and our own gym as well as a long list of employee benefits such as favourable prices on the products we sell as well as good employee insurance schemes
Are you the one who will bring us to next level in utilizing the Cloud opportunities?
Elkjøp is now in the roll out phase of our Next Generation Retail program, modernizing the technical portfolio to enable a seamless omnichannel shopping experience and a fast flow of innovation.
Our cloud adoptation strategy is to be 100% in the Public Cloud and to utilize the full potential offered there in terms of automation, flexibility, scalability, security and cost-effeciency. We want the skills needed in our Product, DevOps and SRE teams to be considered already in the design phase of any new initiative.
We are looking for a professional and experienced "techy" who is used to share knowledge and experience with both business and IT colleagues and who comes up with good solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Your primary responsibilities will be to
- Drive our Technical Roadmap, outline risks and opportunities in future version of the landscape for stakeholder groups.
- Chairman of our Technical Review Board
- Document and maintain Technical policies and principles
- Set service level objective requirements in collaboration with Business Stakeholders, Architects and Operational resources on all front-end platforms and their components.
- Include verification of Non-Functional requirements in the IT assessment process to ensure and follow up that they are met.
- Run workshops and take initiative to empower our colleagues in best practises.
- Act ambassador for a true DevOps culture
- Regular follow up on how well Elkjøp’ s current Technology stack perform vs requirements.
Personal skills and experiences to succeed in the role
- Documented successful project management experience with projects related to cloud transformation and adaptation
- Experience with IT architecture and the development/enforcement of strategies
- Acknowledged technical leadership in a retail/wholesale company or similar industry with high transaction volumes.
- Knowledge of underlying technical architecture frameworks
- Technical hands on experience from modern tech stacks
- Post graduate studies in a relevant area
- Collaborative spirit
- Energy, focus and diplomacy skills
- Holistic view
- Eager to learn and follow the latest trends in technology
Electronics retailing is a fast-paced business so our IT-architecture needs to reflect that. We have the last 3 years:
- Upgraded our 200+ Microservices from Azure Web Apps to Kubernetes
- Moved SAP ERP and related systems to Azure
- Developed new modern Front End for Sales Staff and are about to launch our SPA based Online site to our B2C customers
- Started a Datacenter transformation with the goal to be fully Cloud by end of 2021
As the Enterprise Cloud Architect you would support, coordinate and design changes in this environment together with multiple highly engaged and competent development, operations and business teams.
We nurture diversity and balance in our organization, and therefore encourage everyone to apply regardless of background, ethnicity, gender etc.Please note that we use ability and personality tests in our recruitment process, and we also perform background-checks on the people we wish to hire.Do you think this sounds exciting and challenging; we are looking forward to receiving your application!
Elkjøp Nordic is the Nordic region's largest retailer in consumer electronics and electrical household appliances. Elkjøp Nordic's turnover in 2019/20 was 41,8 billion NOK with a profit of more than 1,2 billion NOK.
The group has established retail businesses in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands.
All of the approximately 400 stores in the Nordic region are mainly supplied by our own distribution services, with a 107,000 m2. central warehouse in Jönköping, Sweden.About 10,000 engaged employees are employed in Elkjøp Group, owned by British Dixons Carphone plc, Europe's largest consumer electronics retailer. At our Nordic headquarters in Nydalen, Oslo, we have about 380 people in various specialized functions who work continuously to support our colleagues in the Nordic countries.
Our vision is to "help everyone enjoy amazing technology". We do this while focusing on our core values if being responsible, engaged and effective.