If you master Android and Kotlin or iOS and Swift (or both) please contact us for a non-committal digital coffee on Teams or call us if that suits you best in a hectic everyday life.
Professional and personal development is something we value highly in DNB, so do not contact us to tell us about everything you can offer us, contact us to hear about what we can offer for you!
We're looking for experienced App Developers to help us built great native apps
You'll be a part of a highly autonomous team leading the digital innovation in Norway’s largest financial group. This requires you to take responsibility and ownership of the product you’re building, continuously improving the skills for both you and your team, and always have the customer experience in mind.
What does our day look like?
As a developer you will be a part of a cross-functional product team of approximately 15 people. Each team is responsible for a certain part of the product, from concept to design to implementation in all parts of the stack. Each product team has a broad set of skills, ranging from business analysis to programming, allowing them to deliver high quality features at a fast pace, and make informed decisions about whatever is needed. You will also be part of an iOS or Android chapter stretching across all our product teams, where you will join the rest of our awesome developers in learning the latest, removing technical debt, and making each other even better.
You will be responsible for delivering quality code and a great customer experience, while maintaining the rock-solid security and quality required for a bank solution. This requires that you work closely with our designers and communicate your thoughts clearly to your team. Our focus on stability means you have to write testable code that can adapt to change.
It's an exciting time to join the iOS and Android teams at DNB. We are responsible for two of the most used financial apps in Norway, the DNB Mobile Bank and Spare. We have developed both of these apps in native iOS and Android versions, and we need more developers for both teams.
- The iOS apps have a modern codebase and are written 100% in Swift. You'll get a chance to work on both iOS and padOS, as well as watchOS and macOS. We are continuous evolving our codebase and adapting to the latest Apple frameworks, like Combine and SwiftUI. We are looking for someone that is as excited about the future of Apple development as we are
- The Android apps are built on the latest Android framework using Architecture components, and the codebase is written in Kotlin. We are continuously evolving our codebase and adapting to the latest Android tech such as the new Jetpack Compose
What kind of knowledge and personal skills are we looking for?
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- You are eager to learn and grow both as a developer and person
- iOS: You have experience with Swift or Objective-C, and a solid understanding of Apple's frameworks and APIs
- Android: You have experience with Kotlin, and a solid understanding of Android frameworks and APIs
- You enjoy working in diverse teams
- You have the ability to adapt to changing requirements, and you're comfortable with shipping early while maintaining the stability and robustness needed in banking services
- As a person you are a team player. You appreciate cooperating with product owners, designers, and other developers
- Knowledge sharing is important to us, so we are looking for you who would like to share the knowledge you have gained in addition to acquiring new knowledge
What can we offer you?
In addition to being part of a team of highly skilled professionals you will get challenging tasks that allow you to grow professionally in the company, competitive terms, a strong engineering culture, and good career opportunities in an informal environment.
We have our own professional groups that you’ll become part of, we have tech talks across the teams, and we bring in professionals internally in DNB and from outside the company who talk about future trends in technology. It should be inspiring to work with us, we therefore have a good balance between development tasks and professional groups within your profession.
We offer good pension conditions, employee terms on DNBs products, insurance schemes, access to resorts in Norway and abroad, sports, cultural and other activities plus a wide range of discount schemes. We know the value of good work-life balance, so we also have flexible working hours, extra days off and reduced working hours from May to August (summertime!).
Do you want to become our new App developer and colleague? Please get in touch with us for an informal talk!
Location: Oslo or Bergen
Application deadline: 16.04.2021