We are looking for passionate technologists who are interested in working in the investment world. Our team develops cutting edge capabilities that aim to deliver a seamless experience for our customers. By joining our team not only do you get to learn a lot more about pension and insurance, but also get to collaborate and challenge some of the best minds working on the latest technology deployed on cloud.
Who we are
We are responsible for the development and management of IT solutions related to DNB Life insurance. We mainly deal with pension products, and right now we are moving our old solutions to the cloud.
We are the wizards working behind the scenes challenged with the objective to delight our customers with our tech magic. We aim to help our customers along their investment journey to achieve their financial objectives around pension.
These technology enablers are developed by us on Azure using .NET Core following the best practices with respect to technical designs, security, and coding. We encourage our developers to follow the best coding standards by incorporating compliance and security by design as we believe that the applications, we develop are DNB’s most precious assets. But the magic will not work without a testing ingredient. We want to ensure that testing is integrated more holistically in our development process and to an increasing extent we make use of automated testing.
For that we need a passionate and talented test-wizard!
DNB er et veldig fint sted å jobbe:
What you will be doing
As a test engineer in our team, you will both write and work with code, contributing actively to the practical implementation of Test Automation. You will be at the forefront of test and quality work and work closely with product owners and business analysts to ensure that we test continuously from idea to finished functionality. In short, your workdays will consist of the following:
- Being a part of a DevOps team responsible for keeping our applications up and running at all time
- The main responsibility will be to develop automation scripts using Robot Framework, to ensure high quality of our services – we mainly test APIs, batches and databases.
- Work with other test engineers and drive continuous improvement of the testing process and SDLC
- Challenge technical team with fresh ideas and usage of new technology/tooling to work smarter and ensure automated testing at all levels
- You are also welcomed to provide ideas to our product owners to enhance our customers’ investment experience
What we need
In order to succeed at this role, you need to be passionate about your craft and have some battle scars from failing a few times before. You love solving complex problems and want to automate everything. Learning new technologies and standards is second nature to you. You need to be the kind of person who question the status quo and wants to be on the barricades because that is where the fun happens!
- A couple of years’ experience working as a test engineer and competency on test driven development, test process and concepts (test planning, test strategies, creating test cases, automation scripts)
- Hands on experience with API testing
- Good knowledge in any programming language
- Experience with modern DevOps concepts and tools - CI/CD
- Strong understanding of security and GDPR practices
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills in English
Optional but highly desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Experience with different test management tools (ALM octane, service now, Jira)’
- Experience in non functional testing
- Knowledge in querying complex databases using SQL
If you don’t fit all of the above, but still think you are a match for us, we would still love to hear from you! We welcome both people with extensive experience and highly motivated graduates/”tech nerds” – you can also influence your role based on your own experience and passion! Do you feel that you got what it takes? Get in touch! We will interview candidates continuously, so don't wait until the last minute to apply.
What can we offer you?
In addition to being part of a team of highly skilled professionals you will get challenging tasks that allow you to grow professionally in the company, competitive terms, a strong engineering culture, and good career opportunities in an informal environment. We have our own professional groups that you’ll become part of, we have tech talks across the teams, and we bring in professionals internally in DNB and from outside the company who talk about future trends in technology. It should be inspiring to work with us, we therefore have a good balance between development tasks and professional groups within your profession.
We offer good pension conditions, employee terms on DNBs products, insurance schemes, access to resorts in Norway and abroad, sports, cultural and other activities plus a wide range of discount schemes. We know the value of good work-life balance, so we also have flexible working hours, extra days off and reduced working hours from May to August (summertime!) and a hybrid way of work.
Work location: Solheimsviken in Bergen
Do you want to be our new colleague and Engineer?
For more information about the position, please contact our:
Engineering Manager – Martin Hellesø / mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / mobile: +47 93407466
Humans are the DNA of DNB. Since 1822, wise minds have worked together to find the best solutions for our customers. Today, DNB is much more than Norway's largest bank, and a key business in the Norwegian economy.
We are also a leading technology company, which in ever new ways adapts us and our services to the time we live in and to the future. With us, you will find a wide range of career opportunities for a wide range of employees, in Norway and internationally. We are at the top of the world among equal companies and take good care of the diversity of people who choose to work here.
Application deadline: 20.11.2022