We are strenghtening our Bioinformatics team and are now seeking a Software Engineer who is experienced with the development of computational platforms. As a software engineer you will take active part in planning, implementing, and testing novel computational platforms/software for developing new vaccines and advance Vaccibody vaccine technology. You will work with a team of talented scientific experts and software engineers on the development of novel, powerful computational platforms for identification of antigens and vaccine design for treatment of cancer and infectious diseases.
- Develop and implement algorithm software based on prototype code from the bioinformatics team for treatments of cancer and infectious diseases
- Write clean, well-tested and documented code using industry best practices
- Prepare documentation and participate in code reviews
- Work with Quality Assurance team to design and conduct bug and reproducibility tests and write formal requirement documentation
- Research new tools, technologies, and test processes for bioinformatics software development
Software Engineer will report to Monika Sekelja, Assistant Director, Head of Bioinformatics.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in computer science or other relevant discipline with 2+ years of experience from industry in architecting robust, maintainable and scalable multi-tier solutions
- Solid programming experience. Experience with Python is an advantage
- Experience with pipeline frameworks, Cloud/HPC environments and containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Singularity, Kubernetes)
- Preferably, experience with the development of bioinformatics pipelines/platforms
Who are we looking for?
When hiring new employees, we also look for the individuals who are inspired by Vaccibody’s entrepreneurial spirit and whom we think would be a good fit with our collaborative and inclusive company culture. For this position, we are looking for a team player with an appetite to work in a start-up company "to get things done". You are pragmatic about the tradeoffs between features, quality, and timeliness. You focus on being quality-conscious and accurate. You bring enthusiasm and a positive attitude, and your structured mindset allows you to excel in your field.
Start date: As soon as possible.Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We do not accept applications by mail. Should you have any further questions regarding the position, please reach out to us on email@example.com
Why join Vaccibody?
Vaccibody is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, founded in 2007. Since then, we have become one of the world’s most exciting Biotech companies, rapidly growing, today counting more than 50 amazing employees within medical and development teams, manufacturing, bioinformatics, and research teams. We are dedicated to the discovery and development of novel immunotherapies, and are using the Vaccibody technology to generate best-in-class therapeutics to treat cancers with a high unmet medical need. Furthermore, we also focus our research on infectious diseases. We closely collaborate with Roche and Nektar Therapeutics, and are proud to have entered into a worldwide license and collaboration agreement with Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, to develop individualized neoantigen cancer vaccines.At Vaccibody, we develop cutting-edge, targeted DNA vaccines for clinical use, based on a deep understanding of immunological principles. Vaccibody’s vaccines specifically target Antigen Presenting Cells. By intelligent design, Vaccibody’s vaccines can be tailored to induce the desired immune response profile correlating with protection for each specific disease with any given antigen.
The people at Vaccibody are at the heart of our organisation, which is why we always keep striving to offer a workplace where they can have fun and find motivation. We provide our employees with opportunities for personal growth in close collaboration with our dedicated and experienced teams and ensure that proper training is provided. Eager to learn more about our Team and our work? Please visit us at Vaccibody.com