We know there is a lot to learn, a lot to explore and we want to catalyse this — expanding your horizons.
- Travel at company expense between our offices in Oslo, Ålesund and Legnica. Want to work remotely for a period? You can!
- Every Friday we do weekend meetings, a short show and tell of what's happened across teams, a look at the business side and a brief look at next weeks plan. Everyone is kept in the loop.
- First Friday of the month is yours. Do whatever you want to do with it, the only thing we expect from you is that you learn and acquire new knowledge.
- Hackathons. We love to challenge the way we work, and test our own processes on ourselves. Hackathons is the perfect excuse to have fun together while building stupid stuff. Ex.: Snake, Sprint, PUKB™.
- Labs. Experiment with IOT’s like there is no tomorrow. We got your mechanical and technical urges covered with in-office lab equipment.
- We budget 30K NOK a year for each member of the team for conferences, courses and the likes.
- We got you covered with the best insurances, free phone subscription with unlimited data, a new Mac on arrival, and generally whatever equipment you need to do your job well.
- Awesome offices.
- Kick ass brands to work together with building what's next.
- Most important is that you get a chance to be part of a family of highly motivated and skilled colleagues.
What will you be doing?
In Kodebyraaet we code and manage development projects. We do this in close collaboration with highly experienced design agencies, and extremely ambitious clients. A typical web project for us ranges from building simple one-pager websites, to building advanced e-commerce front-ends and custom integrations to external business systems.
You role as a web developer will vary depending on the current phase of the project. Initially you are expected to take part in workshops where we map features and user journeys while providing technical insight from a developers point of view. When development starts, you are expected to work closely with designers, project managers and content editors to get the website just right – both front-end and back-end.
We're typically working with the following stack/tech:
- Headless CMS (I.e WordPress, Sanity.io)
- React and/or React Native
- Redux and Redux-Saga
- Styled Components
- Git (Github)
- RESTful API / GraphQL
That being said, we are always considering new technologies. Since we're usually starting projects from scratch, we are free to adjust the stack to fit the specific project needs. To name a few, we've used the following technologies on several occasions: Expo, Next.js, Sanity.io, Node.js, AWS/Google Cloud/Microsoft Azure and Firebase. The list goes on.
What we expect from you
- You love learning new technologies and wish to excel as a developer, doing whatever it takes to improve.
- You enjoy working in a team, but you are also comfortable being the only developer.
- You are especially fond of working with designers.
- You appreciate great design, and love getting those details just right.
- You are intrigued by pushing the boundaries of what web can do, and aren’t afraid to let the designer know if they’re missing an opportunity to take their design even further.
- You work from the office most days. Our culture is key, and you are an important part of it.
- You are not afraid to share your opinion, but you are also respectful of others.
- You challenge the status quo. We are never good enough.
If this package suits your needs, hit that button and let's talk!