Kindly is on the lookout for a senior backend developer!
Kindly is a tech company that is experiencing strong growth. To support this growth, we are actively on the lookout for a new addition to our team; someone who is passionate about technology, and is smart and friendly!
We are now looking to add a senior developer to our product team. The team consists of 21 developers, designers, and machine learning engineers.
Kindly develops a platform for creating chatbot solutions, used by businesses to engage, assist and convert their visitors & customers online. Our tech reaches over one million users each month, and thousands of messages are processed at every hour on behalf of our customers - Companies such as Elkjøp Nordic, Kahoot, Varner-Gruppen and Norwegian, to name a few.
We are very happy that our company is being built by fun, down-to-earth, hardworking and talented people. Together, we're developing a platform that takes the online user experience to the next level!
About the position
Being a developer on the product team takes you through all the stages of the feature development life cycle: discussing the idea together with others, design speccing and workshopping, development, testing, and finally releasing it into the wild.
You will be working across the stack and have a lot of input on the areas you wish to focus on. Want to work more with server infrastructure? Cool! Want to learn Elixir? Great!
Who are you?
You have strong and varied technical experience, and you are interested in learning new stuff. You have opinions on how to do things right, but you also respect others’ opinions, and can be diplomatic in your argumentation.
You are also an easy-going and social person who appreciates and enjoys a good working atmosphere, and likes to have fun at work.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3-5+ years experience with backend development
- Good understanding of how front-end development works
- Understanding of scalability and performance
- Commitment to collaboration, code reviewing, and writing reusable code
- Ability to lead or self-organize a project through the entire feature development life cycle
It’s also good if you have experience with:
- React programming
- Web development (HTML, CSS, JS etc)
- Python, Node.js or Elixir programming
- Postgresql or other SQL databases
- Mongodb or other NoSQL databases
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Google Cloud Platform, or AWS
- Terraform or other configuration management system
- Shell scripting
What do you get from us?
Kindly offers a pleasant, inclusive and creative workplace, where we give our employees responsibility and trust, along with the opportunity to shape their own working day.
- Large degree of professional freedom
- Hackathons every month during work-hours
- Bi-monthly tech-talks
- Career opportunities that provide good professional and personal development.
- Competitive salary and conditions
- The ability to work with great colleagues in a pleasant and modern office, situated in Grünerløkka, Oslo
- The ability to influence the development of our products, and a place where you will quickly see your work realized and recognized