We’re one of the fastest-growing startups in the Nordics, working with huge, complex challenges to make the lives of our customers simpler and easier. Few (if any) in the world have truly cracked the code for online grocery logistics — but we’re getting close and with high speed. Want to join us?
As a Platform Engineer you will be part of the core team building out our cloud platform Nube, which empowers our product teams by providing flexible self-service interfaces to their everyday infrastructure problems.
In recent months, the team has built the first iteration of our Kubernetes-based platform and is now working closely with product teams to bring all our production services onboard in a safe way from our legacy on-premise infrastructure. In the time ahead, we will be investing heavily in both bringing new capabilities to the platform, and in scaling the solutions and services we already have to suit a rapidly growing engineering organization.
What you'll do
- Provide a tailored runtime for our application containers, and cultivate a golden path for supporting services.
- Ensure our product teams have great common tooling in place for things like continuous deployment, authentication/authorization, and service communication.
- Raise the bar on security in our infrastructure, both in the systems we build and in our culture.
- Participate in our on-call rotation to ensure critical systems are operating normally.
- Platform Engineer is one of two roles within our infrastructure engineering area, the other being Reliability Engineer. We encourage our engineers to move between these roles over time.
Who you are
- Have hands-on experience with Kubernetes and infrastructure-as-code (we use Terraform and Google Cloud Platform).
- Are a decent programmer, and you enjoy building software (we use a lot of Python and some Golang).
- Have experience working with distributed systems, preferably at scale.
- Like to automate tasks and to continuously remove toil from processes and systems.
- Are interested and experienced in infrastructure security.
- Enjoy working as part of a team of brilliant people solving large and complex problems.
- Continuously develop your skillset through feedback and learning, and enjoy sharing your knowledge with the people around you.
- Speak and write fluently in English.
What we offer
- Enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues that care about helping others
- A huge set of complex and exciting product & tech challenges
- Autonomy to form our path and focus going forward (we align via OKRs like Google, Twitter and Uber)
- A chance to form and build a tech company culture from the ground up
- A transparent workplace where tools like Quip and Slack helps us to stay in the loop - with less emails and meetings
- Good opportunities for personal development in a way that suits you, and a passion for employee engagement
- Encouragement to support and contribute to open source projects (like Django) or meetups within your discipline
- Hackathons, team off-sites, great lunch from our chef and a wide range of social activities
- Quiet team rooms for focus and open space for discussion - with a nice view overlooking Oslo
- Hands on experience with our logistic operation and customer experience
- The possibility to take stock in the success of the company
- Help with relocation to Norway
As a part of our team you will be working with other enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people in shaping and growing tomorrow's shopping experience. Recognised as one of the hottest tech-startups in Norway by The Next Web we are aiming to become world leading, and we invite you to join us on the journey. Come build the future with us!
Sounds like you or someone you know?