We are seeking a Senior Software Developer with an interest in security to join our team of Platform Developers for Veracity.
Veracity is a part of DNV GL’s Business Area “Digital Solutions”, and we are on a mission to develop a trusted industry network for secure business collaboration. Following our mission, security is at the core of everything we do, and we are looking for you who take extra interest in this. Our main customers are asset owners and analytic service providers within the maritime, energy, oil and gas industries.
Together with our colleagues in DNV GL, we in Veracity assist companies in unlocking, qualifying, combining and preparing data for analytics and benchmarking, helping them derive real business value from industry data.
Today, close to 20 000 companies are working on the Veracity platform, sharing data and creating new opportunities. On the Veracity Marketplace, our 200 000 registered users can securely purchase and access new products, services and data from a variety of verified providers.
As Senior Software Developer in Veracity, you will be a part of an international, cross-functional team of more than 60 engaged colleagues who provide platform capabilities for the maritime, energy and oil and gas industries.
Working with us, we want you to share our values; where we Care for our colleagues and customers, we Dare to explore, and experiment and we Share experiences, knowledge and best practices.
You will work from our office at Høvik, beautifully situated close to the sea outside of Oslo. Here we offer a wide variety of benefits like sports clubs with access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis court etc. and techy interest groups like “IoT makers space” - to widen your personal and professional horizon and stay fit in the process! We have company cabins and many social events and happenings.
You reach Høvik with easy connection via train to Sandvika or Skøyen, and free shuttle buses to the Veritas Centre from both Sandvika and Skøyen
- Design software on the roadmap for Veracity in collaboration with product managers, designers and architects
- Code secure software components
- Implementation of a robust set of internal and external platform APIs to power customers’ applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize software for speed and scalability
- Implementation of measures to secure our applications and data
- Working with team members in proactively addressing software quality
- Executing and contributing to improving existing DevSecOps processes, including test automation, CI/CD
- Follow and contribute to improving established agile framework, development guidelines etc.
- Be a key contributor in architecting and implementing Veracity Control Plane and Veracity Graph
You hold a Master or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and have a minimum of 5 years of experience in software development.
You are an experienced developer and are familiar with at least the following frameworks/languages: .NET, C#
You have several years’ experience with Microsoft Azure (Azure AD, PaaS services, API management, app service environments) or comparable cloud platforms, and experience with software architecture and design patterns.
You should be acquainted with OAUTH2.0 and have knowledge of application security best practices such as OWASP, SANS and ISF.
Finally, you have experience with agile methodologies and is comfortable working with Scrum or Kanban.
Additional qualifications that we consider positive:
- Microservice architectures
- Event-driven software architectures
- Distributed system design
- Data engineering and/or data science experience
- Strong company culture with an emphasis on competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- Attractive total compensation package
- 6 weeks annual vacation
- Interesting and challenging tasks
- International working environment
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
The position is on local terms in Norway.
The application deadline is established for the 30th of August, but please be informed that the recruitment process will be taken care of also during the holiday time (July/August).
Veracity by DNV GL
Veracity is DNV GL’s independent data platform and industry eco-system. We bring together all the key players in the maritime, oil and gas and energy industries, to drive business innovation and digital transformation. Today, we have over 18 000 companies and 200 000 users, on our platform, enjoying frictionless connection through the exchange of datasets, APIs applications and insights.
Visit www.veracity.com to discover more.
Learn More About DNV GL
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more. Our open industry platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +47 991 61 024, or email@example.com, phone +47 993 11 218.