We’re one of the fastest-growing startups in the Nordics, working with huge, complex challenges to make the lives of our customers simpler and easier. Few (if any) in the world have truly cracked the code for online grocery logistics — but we’re getting close and with high speed. Want to join us?
As Engineering Manager you will be a part of our visionary Product & Tech team of 50+ people, with ambitious plans to grow. We are organised into cross-functional teams, with software engineers working closely with product management, UX & design, data & insight and infrastructure. Our software engineers work on everything from our customer experience to controlling robots in our complex logistics operation. We have a strong focus on raising the bar within our various areas of expertise, and software engineering is no exception.
You will be instrumental in ensuring that we are able to build and scale a world-class Product & Tech team, both by attracting, retaining and growing talent, and by raising the bar on how software engineering contributes to our success as a company.
- Attract, recruit and onboard software engineers: We take a long-term view on building a great organization, and have high ambitions of being the best place to work in Norway for software engineers looking for impact and exciting challenges. You attract, recruit and onboard both experienced engineers who are better than you, but also fresh talent directly from the best schools and universities.
- Enable our engineers to grow: You set expectations, give feedback and support in the development of software engineers. You make sure we have a plan for both personal and career development within software engineering, and actively work to open doors for and grow each developer.
- Raise the bar in software engineering: You make sure we have systems in place to improve our skillset and way of working – in the company, in Product & Tech, software engineering and on an individual level. Be it through knowledge or best practice sharing, technical deep dives, talks, coaching, improving processes, new tooling or other means. You push us to be happy, but never satisfied, about how we build great products and technology.
- Give back and share: You make sure we actively share learning and opinions via our blog on Medium, talks and other relevant forums, and in particular around software engineering.
- Contribute. You’re not just a manager and bar-raiser, and you also spend time with or in our product teams solving real problems with great engineering. We’re all still hands on, and think most of our leaders should be hands-on coaches and contributors.
We look for people who
Have passion for building great products, systems and teams
- Know how to organise software engineers: embedded, central, hybrid — you’ve tried different models and know what works and when
- Love the combination of being hands-on while thinking big, complex and long-term about what to do
- Are pragmatic when needed, and enjoy a dynamic everyday life where priorities and needs change
- Are lifelong learners. We are big on sharing knowledge, especially around how we work together
- Speak and write fluently in Norwegian and English
- 3+ years of experience as engineering manager (or similar lead role) in a modern product & tech company
- Higher degree in technology
- Proven track record of attracting and recruiting engineers, and enabling them to be great
Enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues that care about helping others
- A huge set of complex and exciting product & tech challenges
- Autonomy to form our path and focus going forward (we align via OKRs like Google, Twitter and Uber)
- A chance to form and build a tech company culture from the ground up
- A transparent workplace where tools like Quip and Slack helps us to stay in the loop - with less emails and meetings
- Good opportunities for personal development in a way that suits you, and a passion for employee engagement
- Encouragement to support and contribute to open source projects (like Django) or meetups within your discipline
- Hackathons, team off-sites, great lunch from our chef and a wide range of social activities
- Quiet team rooms for focus and open space for discussion - with a nice view overlooking Oslo
- Hands on experience with our logistic operation and customer experience
- The possibility to take stock in the success of the company
- Help with relocation to Norway
As a part of our team you will be working with other enthusiastic, skilled and ambitious people in shaping and growing tomorrow's shopping experience. Recognised as one of the hottest tech-startups in Norway by The Next Web we are aiming to become world leading, and we invite you to join us on the journey. Come build the future with us!
Sounds like you or someone you know?