Elkjøp Nordic AS is an omnichannel consumer electronics retailer operating in all the Nordic countries. We are 10.000 engaged employees distributed on more than 400 different locations in our markets. At our Nordic head-office we are approximately 370 people in different specialized functions who work continuously to support our colleagues in the different countries.
Elkjøp Nordic offers a responsible and independent position within an international network. We offer the opportunity to grow in a fast-paced company with solid values and a great work-climate. Our industry is changing rapidly, and we are positioned at the forefront with a continued focus on people as the cornerstone of our strategy. With big dreams, dedication, and hard work, you can reach far - because we love to offer opportunities to those who deserve it.
Working for Elkjøp Nordic is fun and challenging. Our team spirit is high, and we take pride and have great faith in what we do. Our culture is important to us, and it is important that you can identify with our main values; Responsibility, Engagement and Efficiency.
With us, you will get training tailored to your role and we offer a competitive salary including a bonus agreement and exciting career opportunities. You also get the opportunity to shape the role as the company matures to new ways of working. We have a culture of developing people and providing opportunities when they arise. For a Cloud Engineer there will be several interesting paths to take within the company based on the ambitions and motivations of whomever possess this role.
Seminars, courses, and other education is offered both as internal trainings, but also through third party training providers. We encourage everyone to continuously develop themselves.
The office is based in new, state-of-the-art premises in Nydalen, Oslo. We have an excellent canteen, and our own gym as well as a long list of employee benefits such as favorable prices on the products we sell as well as good employee insurance schemes.
Do you want to be part of the future way of agile deliveries together with one of the biggest retailers in the Nordics?
Elkjøp is now in the roll out phase of our Next Generation Retail program, modernizing the technical portfolio to enable a seamless omnichannel shopping experience and a fast flow of innovation.
Our cloud adoption strategy is to be 100% in the Public Cloud and to utilize the full potential offered there in terms of automation, flexibility, scalability, security, and cost-efficiency.
The future is oriented around teams that is fully autonomous and able to deliver end to end their products or features. We want to enable their autonomy through our cloud services by utilizing DevOps principles and by leveraging our SRE team located in Brno in Czech Republic.
We are looking for you who know how to use cloud services efficiently and with the understanding of how to utilize the cloud based on DevOps principles.
Your primary responsibilities will be to
- Be responsible for the SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team and CMO (Cloud Management and Operations) team in Brno
- Be responsible for gathering system requirements working together with domain and application architects and owners
- Be responsible for generating scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources
- Discover, research and test cloud services offerings
- Provide and gather feedback on new and existing services
- Execute processes and standards for optimal use of cloud service provider offerings
- Stay well-informed of failures and complications related to a cloud offering
- Be responsible for debugging technical issues inside a complex stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to enable their applications to run on Cloud infrastructure.
- Support the operational team in implementation and troubleshooting of services
Personal skills and experiences to succeed in the role
- You have experience with establishing, integrating, and managing complex infrastructure solutions
- You have experience with cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure
- You have experience from participating in large IT projects.
- You have very well written and spoken command of English and a Scandinavian language
- You are familiar with scripting and automation skills
- You have coordination and management skills
- You display a high level of autonomy, ability to take initiative and make decisions
- You have the ability to comprehend, assess, delegate, and implement cloud services based on business architecture and designs.
- You possess very good cloud, networking, and infrastructure skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to explain technical terminology to less-technical users.
- You possess the ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- You appreciate working with others and contribute to the team through cooperation and a positive attitude
- You are open-minded, flexible, and inquiring. You like to have an independent position and give new approaches a try instead of adhering to conventional issues
- You attach importance to own professional competence and keep knowledge and abilities up to date within your own field of activity
Electronics retailing is a fast-paced business, so our IT-architecture needs to reflect that. We have in the last 3 years:
- Upgraded our 200+ Microservices from Azure Web Apps to Kubernetes
- Moved SAP ERP and related systems to Azure
- Developed new modern Front End for Sales Staff and are about to launch our SPA based Online site to our B2C customers
- Started a Datacenter transformation with the goal to be fully Cloud by end of 2021
Here you can find an inspirational customer story we have made together with Microsoft that shows some of what we have done with our cloud platform recently: Microsoft Customer Story-Elkjøp creates a superior customer experience with Azure Kubernetes Service
As the Cloud Engineer you will work to enable our multiple highly engaged and competent colleagues to utilize our cloud platform to achieve autonomy and agile deliveries.
We nurture diversity and balance in our organization, and therefore encourage everyone to apply regardless of background, ethnicity, gender etc.
Please note that we use ability and personality tests in our recruitment process, and we also perform background-checks on the people we wish to hire.
Do you think this sounds exciting and challenging; we are looking forward to receiving your application!
Elkjøp Nordic is the Nordic region's largest retailer in consumer electronics and electrical household appliances. Elkjøp Nordic's turnover in 2019/20 was 41,8 billion NOK with a profit of more than 1,2 billion NOK.
The group has established retail businesses in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands.
All of the approximately 400 stores in the Nordic region are mainly supplied by our own distribution services, with a 107,000 m2. central warehouse in Jönköping, Sweden.About 10,000 engaged employees are employed in Elkjøp Group, owned by British Dixons Carphone plc, Europe's largest consumer electronics retailer.At our Nordic headquarters in Nydalen, Oslo, we have about 380 people in various specialized functions who work continuously to support our colleagues in the Nordic countries.
Our vision is to "help everyone enjoy amazing technology". We do this while focusing on our core values if being responsible, engaged and effective.