We are looking for a colleague who wants to take ownership and who wants to make a difference. We are an innovative environment with people who share the passion for agile development, you will be part of our talented team as a solid contributer with varied and exciting tasks.
With us, you will be working in with a team of developers managing the interface between development and operations, helping to adopt "continuous delivery" as a delivery methodology, as well as making sure that servers, configurations, and other systems are setup in a best way. The work requires practical experience with technologies and tools, but also the ability to engage in a dialogue with both developers and operators and together find good and forward-looking solutions. In our portfolio we have products in local “on prem” installations as well as in the cloud.
This is a newly created position where you get the opportunity to influence and shape your own everyday life, working close with developers, as well as with customer installations.
Areas of responsibility
• Responsibility and operation, setup and maintenance of local systems
• Server configuration, logging, firewalls in virtual networks, general infrastructure
• Manage of RPM builds and maintain the RPM build server
• Ansible scripts and deployment
• Sharing of knowledge within the company
• Facilitating Agile development, support continuous integration
• Testing and support with other development tasks
• Able to think holistically, find good solutions and has a good understanding of technology
• Experience with setting up and operating development tools and build management with RPM
• Preferably with experience from development
• Experience with databases is a plus
• Understands what is needed to realize modern development platforms and processes
• Good collaboration skills and likes to be a resource person
• Experience with Agile development
• Experience with testing IT systems is an advantage
Why you should join Piql:
• A great place to work with supportive and highly skilled colleagues in a welcoming and inclusive environment
• A strong growing tech environment with excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
• Varied, challenging and inspiring tasks
• A chance to be part of the next success story
• An important role for us to succeed with our ambitious plans moving forward
• Competitive salary and benefits
• A great location in Drammen with parking provided
• A flexible work from home policy
We are looking for candidates at different stages in their career. We hire both seasoned developers and recent graduates.
Piql is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit talented people, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disablity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background or religious beliefs. If you want to take part in our next adventure and can identify with our company values of being nimble, trustworthy and innovative, we would love to hear from you!
Do you have any questions related to this role, or just want to have an informal chat? Contact Øyvind Johansen – Personel Manager at Fremtiden Recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org
Piql AS, known for its innovation, is the global head-office of a partner network offering technology and services in secure data storage, digital preservation and long-term data storage around the world. These services are enabled by our unique and award-winning technology, developed in Drammen in cooperation with international research institutions and R&D driven companies. Our vision is to give eternal life to information through innovation, and we move forward by being creative challengers, hands-on experts, and attentive service providers. Piql runs several public-funded international research projects and works closely with global suppliers and clients.
Piql is also the driving force the Arctic World Archive, AWA. Established in 2017, it holds an impressive collection of valuable digital artefacts and irreplaceable information from around the world, with over 25 contributing nations. It’s run by Piql and Store Norske Spitsbergen Kullkompani.