Who are we?
Evyon is a startup with the mission of enabling maximum value generation from second-life EV batteries by repurposing them in a streamlined, safe, and cost-effective way.
We are looking for people with passion and grit that can help grow Evyon into an international success story. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the requirements list. Practical experience from building battery systems or similar is of special interest.
At Evyon, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously, boldly and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
We dream big. We solve problems fast. We move mountains. We do this by being flexible, supportive, and inclusive.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will be putting your technical skills to use by developing our innovative battery insights platform - the Battery Cloud.
You will be actively involved in architecture and design decisions, and take responsibility for new features from start to finish. You will work in a focused way, and implement the deployment processes that believe aid you achieve your targets - no more waiting for days to push a line of code!
What will you be doing?
- Designing the solution architecture as part of our Software Development team
- Writing high-performance, secure, and reusable code libraries
- Be responsible for the whole lifecycle of our software solutions, from gathering requirements, development, deployment, infrastructure to monitoring
- Exploring and choosing fit-for-purpose solutions that allow for fast, reliable deployment of our platform
- Work closely with our scientists, hardware engineers, and commercial team on prioritizing and implementing features, functionalities, and improvements
What are the ideal qualifications?
- Proficiency in Functional Programming preferably in Rust, Kotlin, or Java
- Rocket/Actix or similar framework
- NoSQL and SQL databases
- Container-based workloads
- Overall ~5 years of experience in software development and architecture
- High-quality standards, eager to learn new tech and develop yourself
- DevOps mentality - automation is your habit
- Fluency in English is a must
- Cloud basics
- Nice to have: time-series databases, cloud-native software development on GCP/AWS/Azure, Test Driven Development, Pair Programming
What are we offering?
We offer growth opportunities, a competitive salary, a flexible and engaging work environment, personal development support, five weeks of vacation, parental leave salary matching, a mobile subscription, and an ownership stake in a bold company in one of the fastest-growing industries in Norway.
You will play a key role in developing a revolutionary product that will change an entire industry and have a positive environmental impact.
Apply below - and don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions!